Egg “Tortilla” Breakfast Burrito
I love a good breakfast burrito. They’re easy to eat, tasty, and a great way to start the morning. My only complaint is that 1 large flour tortilla (the ones you usually use for a burrito) has 356 calories and 58 grams of carbs. Those numbers seriously blow my mind. So, instead of having my scrambled eggs inside of my burrito, I decided to make a tortilla out of my eggs! This recipe is simple, delicious, and although it might be a little hard to pick up, you know you’re getting a well rounded meal without so many unnecessary carbs!
You can choose whatever toppings are your favorite! Whether you want to make a homemade salsa, some delicious guacamole, or some fresh ingredients, the option is all ours! I chose sautéed kale, sautéed mushrooms, crispy bacon, cilantro, avocado, feta cheese, and green onions. 4 eggs will make about 4 thin egg “tortillas.”
Next, you’re gonna whisk up your eggs! I seasoned mine with salt, pepper and cayenne!
Heat a nonstick skillet to medium and spray with a nonstick spray. I used olive oil. You’re gonna take about 1/2 cup of egg and swirl it around so the entire skillet is covered in a thin layer of egg.
Cook for about 2 minutes, then peel up one side and flip over and cook for about 2 minutes on that side. Remove to a plate and finish with the rest of the eggs!
To roll, you’re gonna fold it just like you would a burrito! Fold in the corners, and roll it up!
All done, all delicious. Top with whatever you’d like, and enjoy!
- - 4 eggs - seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne and whisked
- - 2 tbsp sautéed kale
- - 5 sauteer mushrooms
- - 2 slices bacon - cooked and chopped
- - cilantro and green onions for topping
- - any additional toppings of your choice!
- To start, whisk your eggs in a bowl with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium and spray with a bit of nonstick spray. Pour about 1/2 cup of egg into the skillet, and move the skillet around so the egg coats the entire surface of the skillet.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the egg tortilla moves around easily in the pan. Lift one corner of the tortilla and flip. Cook for another minute or so.
- Remove to a plate and continue with the rest of the egg mixture.
- Fill your egg burritos, roll up and top with your favorite toppings! Dig in!