Butternut and Yellow Squash Soup
I’ve done a partnership with Wolf Gourmet before, and I’m at it again! This time, they’re offering a free High Speed blender to one of my awesome followers. Yes, that’s one of you out there! Scroll to the bottom and follow the steps to enter! I decided to cook up a delicious butternut and yellow squash soup. A no-cook soup if you’ve got an awesome high speed blender like this one!
For the recipe I’m featuring, I decided to make a no cook, butternut and yellow squash soup! That’s right. You just put the ingredients in this blender, turn the setting to “Soup”, and it cooks itself thanks to the friction. Pretty damn amazing!
Start off with these basics, and add seasonings as you see fit! You can add chili flakes, basil, or even a couple chopped tomatoes to add a little bit of acidity. That probably would taste really good in this. I opted for the fresh squash taste, and I’m glad I did because I like it! If you don’t, go ahead and roast your veggies for about 25 minutes first at 375.
The awesome thing about this Wolf Gourmet Blender is that it has a Soup setting . Yep, you heard me right. A setting made specifically for soup! So all I did was pop on the lid and turn the dial to soup, push start and let this baby go! This butternut squash soup was getting whipped up nicely!
The finished product was silky, rich, and delicious! Check out the printable recipe below as well as the GIVEAWAY! If you’d like to buy this product, make sure to check out Sur La Table, Frontgate, and Bloomingdales!
There you have it! I topped my soup with spiced pumpkin seeds (seriously my favorite topping for soups! Including my favorite tomato soup recipe) I also sprinkled a little smoked paprika and chopped up some green onions as well!
- - 1/2 butternut squash - peeled and cubed
- - 1/2 yellow squash - peeled and cubed
- - salt and pepper to taste
- - 1/3 cup coconut milk
- - 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- - Your desired seasonings - I used 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, pinch of cayenne and pinch of smoked paprika.
- Place all ingredients in the blender except for 1/4 cup of the veggie broth.
- Set your wolf gourmet blender setting to "Soup". Or if you're using a regular blender, place it on the highest setting.
- Let the blender do it's thing, stop halfway through to add the broth and taste test. Add seasonings as needed.
- On a regular high speed blender, it'll take about 5-10 minutes. On a Wolf or Vitamix, just let it go until it's done!