Chicken Stir Fry
This Chicken stir fry will blow you away! It’s a small portion with a little leftover for later, or for lunch the next day. Perfect for meal prepping!
I love stir frys for a variety of reasons. The first being that they are super easy to make! You can pretty much throw anything in there and you’re good! Whatever veggies you have on hand, toss em in the pan and you have a successful stir fry. As long as your seasonings are there. Here is my version of a chicken stir fry.
Please note, the amount, and the types of veggies you want are based on your own taste buds and desires. If you want more chicken, add more chicken! These are just the amounts I used to get one large cast iron skillet full of yummy stir fry.
*Check out the awesome print-out at the bottom of the post!*
Dice your chicken! Oh yeah, look at all of that. You can trim the fat if you’d like. I decided to trim some after this picture, but forgot to take a picture of that. IF you desire to trim the fat, it’s best to do so BEFORE you chop it. Just makes everything easier.
Next, season the chicken with salt, pepper, curry powder, and smoked paprika to taste. Don’t taste the raw chicken, obviously, but you can see how much you think you need. Be generous.
Here are my choice of vegetables. All of my favorites. Next time I might add a red bell pepper or something like that to give it some color. You can use brussels sprouts, bean sprouts, snap peas, bok choy, etc…the choices are endless!
Chop all of your veggies! Look how perty and neat they look there… Don’t chop them too fine, but don’t forget to mince the garlic!
Toss your onions and garlic into the buttered and pre-heated cast iron skillet, and cook until fragrant. Then add the chicken and brown.
Stir occasionally, letting the chicken brown but not cook all the way through.
Add in the veggies along with your seasonings, Maggi, and lemon juice. Look. at. that. Look at all the steam rising, so delicious!
Add the small amount of chicken broth to bring in some moisture. Be sure not to add too much, because you don’t want it to be watery, but it is nice to have a little bit of drippings to top your white rice with. Continue stirring until veggies are soft but not mushy.
There it is, my favorite, easiest chicken stir-fry.
- - 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- - 1 small red onion, chopped
- - 1 small carrot, chopped
- - 1 small zucchini squash, chopped
- - 1 handful white mushrooms, chopped
- - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 small head of broccoli, separated into small florets
- - Maggi seasoning to taste
- - Smoked paprika to taste
- - Curry powder to taste
- - Salt to taste
- - Pepper to taste
- - 2 tablespoons butter
- - The juice of one small lemon
- - 1/4 cup chicken broth
- - 1 cup of White rice
- - 2 cups of boiling water
- - 1 teaspoon of Knorrs chicken flavor bouillon.
- Dice your chicken thighs into cubes and season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Turn on your cast iron skillet to high in the meantime.
- Chop all your veggies and mince your garlic.
- Butter the cast iron skillet and toss in the onions and garlic. While you're doing this, turn on your 2 cups of water for your white rice.
- Salt the water and add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon. This gives the white rice a little more flavor. Once the water boils, add your cup of rice, turn the heat to low and cover until water evaporates.
- Mix the onions and garlic until fragrant, then toss in the chicken.
- Let the chicken stick a little, to get a nice sear, then stir occasionally until browned evenly.
- Once chicken has browned, turn the heat down to medium and toss in your veggies.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and add in the lemon juice and the Maggi. You can also use soy sauce or worcestershire if you can't find Maggi. I recommend using less if you use the worcestershire because the meaty taste is strong.
- Stir occasionally until the veggies start to become translucent and add the chicken broth.
- Cover and stir occasionally.
- Once the water evaporates, check the flavor, stir, and turn off the heat.
- Spoon fluffy white rice into your bowl, followed with the stir fry. Enjoy!