Soy Vay Grilled Steak Recipe
This hoisin garlic skirt steak recipe is grilled and smothered in sauce from Soy Vay. I received a sample thanks to a Klout perk, and decided to do a sweet and tangy asian styled skirt steak recipe on the grill. Something quick to whip up with awesome flavor to pair with my cauliflower rice recipe.
I started with the basics – the hoisin sauce, sesame oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Season both sides of your meat with salt and pepper, put the steak into a bowl and add your garlic, sesame oil, and hoisin sauce. Let this mixture sit for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. My meat was still cold from the grocery store, so I let it sit out so it could come to room temperature. Letting your meet come down to room temperature will allow it to cook more evenly.
Fire up your grill to high and drain the excess sauce from your steak. At this point I realized I probably could’ve cut down on the amount of hoisin sauce I used, so just add it as you see fit. I cooked for 2 minutes on each side and let it get a nice char.
Then I put the burners to low and let cook for another 2 minutes.
Let your meat rest for about 5 minutes so all of the juices can collect, then slice against the grain for the most tender bites.
I garnished my meat with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro and green onion and topped my cauliflower rice with it.
There you have it! Easy as pie. A nice asian inspired meal for one with less carbs. Just meat and veggies…that’s what I’m talking about. The printable recipe is below!
Every chef should have a good steak recipe or two in their arsenal. Check out my simple grilled steak recipe here.
- - About 6 oz skirt steak
- - 1/4 cup Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic Sauce
- - 3 cloves garlic - minced
- - 2 TBSP sesame oil
- - Salt and pepper to taste
- Season both sides of your meat with salt and pepper.
- Place your meat into a bowl with the rest of your ingredients and let marinade for about 30 minutes or more.
- Turn your grill on high, cooking for about 2 minutes each side until you get some good color on the surface.
- Turn the grill to low and let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and enjoy!