Creative Leftovers: BBQ Chicken Pizza
I love pizza. Even though I’m very healthy and fit most of the time, I like to have cheat days so I don’t start losing my mind! This BBQ Chicken Pizza is one of the best cheat day decisions I’ve ever made, especially since I cooked it from scratch. I cook a lot of whole chickens because they’re cheaper and you get a whole lot more bang for your buck, but that means I have a ton of leftovers so I have to get creative!This BBQ chicken pizza is an awesome cheat day eat that you won’t be able to get enough of! All you need for this recipe is leftover pieces of chicken, a pizza crust, bbq sauce and your favorite toppings!
For mine I used sautéed onions and bell peppers, and topped it of with fresh cilantro and parmesan cheese. Spread out your pizza dough either on parchment paper or onto a circular pizza pan. I used parchment paper because I wanted to form it myself! Cook according to the crust instructions. Then heat up your BBQ sauce and spread it onto your cooked crust and then follow with your toppings. Next you’ll sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese and stick it in the oven!
Cook according to the directions for the crust.Once it’s done, pull it out of the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cilantro, and maybe a little more Bbq sauce! And dig in. So simple, and so good! Look how beautiful this baby is!
Enjoy this BBQ Chicken Pizza with a good beer, a good movie and some friends! Make one per person as a meal, or share as an appetizer. Whatever you choose to do with this pizza/flatbread…you will be happy. you decided to make your pizza instead of ordering it! It’s a lot cheaper too!
- - 1 store-bought pizza dough crust, or make your own from scratch!
- - Shredded chicken
- - Toppings of your choice
- - Shredded mozzarella cheese
- - 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Cook your dough according to the instructions.
- While you're cooking the dough, heat your BBQ sauce so it's nice and warm.
- Once the dough is finished, spread the BBQ sauce on the dough, and follow with your toppings.
- Finish with your shredded mozzarella cheese and stick in the oven on broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, cut into the slices you desire and enjoy!