Quinoa and Kale Egg Bake
I love egg bakes that are filled with healthy ingredients! Like kale and quinoa. (which are two of my favorite superfoods!)
A few months ago I went to Fat Dog in North Hollywood and got this delicious egg bake that had cheese, white beans and kale. I decided I wanted to make my own version, so I did! This quinoa and kale egg bake has delicious ingredients that are wholesome and super good for you. It’s the perfect superfood infused breakfast, brunch or lunch! And everyone deserves to indulge in something this tasty.
This recipe also utilizes some super foods like kale! Kale is low in calories, high in fiber and contains zero fat. Not only that, but kale is also high in Vitamin K, iron, and antioxidants! It’s also damn tasty! Quinoa is also included in this meal, and quinoa is known for being super high in protein, fiber, magnesium and iron!
To begin, add all of the ingredients together except for the eggs, some of the bacon and some of the basil. You’ll reserve these for the top of the egg bake!
Divide mixture into two bake same dishes. Pour 1/2 cup of vegetable broth into each ramekin and ad more cheese so everything gets nice and bubbly once you bake! Add the egg on top, and cook in a 400 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes, until the egg is cooked and the cheese is melted.
Once the cheese is melted, top with bacon and basil, and enjoy! So delicious!
This egg bake recipe is perfect for breakfast, because it’s full of antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients, and tons of protein and fiber. This breakfast or brunch recipe is light enough to keep you from feeling overly full, but packed with enough protein and healthy carbs that it’ll keep you feeling full until you’re ready for your next meal!
If you’re looking for a simple egg bake recipe for breakfast, this is the one!
- - 2 cups cooked quinoa
- - 1 cup chopped kale
- - 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- - 3 cloves garlic - minced
- - 1 roma tomato - chopped
- - 3 slices of bacon - cooked and chopped - divided
- - 1 eggs
- - 1/2 onion sauteed
- - 1 cup vegetable broth
- - basil, salt, and pepper to taste
- To start, cook your quinoa, onions and your bacon.
- Combine all of ingredients in a bowl, without the vegetable broth.
- Separate the mixture into two bake safe dishes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the broth into each of the bake safe dishes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly. Add more cheese into the mixture if needed.
- Top with bacon and basil and serve!