Simple Roasted Salmon
This roasted salmon recipe is flavorful, colorful and healthy! I use some oils and vinegars from Alex Ferrari’s Gourmet Emporium called Olimila in Studio City!
I started with these BEAUTIFUL ingredients; salmon, parsley, basil, shallots, mushrooms, a roma tomato, spinach and the fresh basil olive oil and guilty garlic balsamic vinegar.
First I minced up my shallots, garlic, basil and tomato and popped ’em into a bowl. A little basil chiffonade.
I also decided to put my spinach into a colander in the sink and rinse em and leave them to dry out. If you want to cut off more of the stem than I did please do, I don’t mind the toughness but some people hate it! All up to your preference.
Next I place two tablespoons of the oil and vinegar into the bowl, and a couple squeezes of lemon.
Then I mixed the lot of it up, which just combines the flavors and I stuck it in the fridge to cool a bit.
Next I thinly sliced my mushrooms and preheat my oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
Then I placed my dry spinach and the mushrooms into a baking dish to prep for the oven! At this point you should dry your fish and season with salt and pepper.
Now place your salmon on top and pour your marinade over it.
Now you’re going to place your dish into the preheated oven and roast for about 10-12 minutes until almost cooked in the center. Check this by inserting the tip of a sharp knife and peeking in.
There should only be a small line of uncooked fish right in the center. After this step, wrap tightly with aluminum foil and let it rest for 1o minutes! Then take it out and voila!
- - 1 6-8 oz piece of salmon
- - 2 tablespoons each Basil Olive Oil and Garlic Balsamic
- - 3 cloves garlic minced
- - 1 medium shallot minced
- - 4 leaves basil minced
- - 1 roma tomato minced
- - 1 bunch spinach
- - Salt and Pepper to taste
- - Squeeze of lemon to taste
- First mince your garlic, shallot, basil, lemon juice and tomato and place in a bowl.
- Add your oil and balsamic and salt and pepper to taste. Mix. Place in the fridge to mix together.
- Trim your spinach and wash and dry thoroughly.
- Thinly slice your mushrooms and place on top of your dried spinach in a baking dish. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Dry your salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Place your salmon atop your veggies and pour marinade over.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes until nearly cooked. The middle of the salmon should have a thin line of uncooked salmon.
- Wrap tightly with tin foil and sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.