Tuna Sushi Rolls
I wanted to try a canned tuna sushi because I heard it was amazing! I was a little skeptical because I’m not a huge fan of tuna but I was pleasantly surprised!
First, gather all of your ingredients.
If you need some advice on the tuna mixture or sushi rice, send me a message and I’ll give you some tips! Then, lay your seaweed out flat.
Then you’re going to spread the sushi rice along the entire surface of the seaweed. Don’t forget to wet your fingers with a mixture of water and vinegar to keep the rice from sticking too much.
Next, line your ingredients along the side closest to you. You can add other vegetables or herbs such as cilantro, carrots or tomato if you want. The options are endless! I just used cucumber and avocado with the tuna mixture. My tuna mixture consisted of tuna, mayo, sriracha, chipotle seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
Then roll! Remember, when you’re rolling sushi, you have to curve it over the seaweed. If you just roll the whole thing up the mat will get stuck in between!
Next, cut your roll. Make sure your knife is really sharp. If your knife gets sticky from the rice, use a rag with vinegar and water to wipe it clean.
And tada! You are all finished with thus tuna sushi roll and you can enjoy with a side of sriracha, or soy sauce, or whatever your heart desires! Wanna make some spicy mayo? Mix together mayonnaise, sriracha and a little miso and you’ve got yourself a tasty condiment for this tuna sushi roll.
The thing about these tuna sushi rolls is that you can flavor them however you like. Canned tuna is versatile and so, so inexpensive, so if you want to save money and still eat something tasty, use this recipe! If you’re looking for some real, sashimi grade sushi rolls, check out my article here.
- - 1 Can seasoned tuna
- - Seaweed wrappers
- - Cucumber julienned
- - 1 Avocado thinly sliced
- - 1 Cup cooked sushi rice
- Cook your sushi rice and set aside to cool.
- Mix your tuna with seasonings. I used horseradish, mayo, salt, pepper, and chipotle pepper for some spice. I also added a little sriracha.
- Spread your sushi rice along your seaweed. Use a mixture of rice vinegary and water to wet your fingers so the rice doesn't stick too badly.
- Line the end of your sushi rice closest to you with cucumber, avocado, and your tuna mixture.
- Roll, cut, and enjoy!